The society is a UK Registered Charity No. 515599 and can recover from H.M. Revenue and Customs the income tax paid on membership subscriptions at no cost to the member. Gift Aid provides a valuable addition to society income.
By checking the 'Gift Aid' box you are agreeing to the following statements:
- I authorise Manchester & Lancashire Family History Society to reclaim the tax paid on this first subscription and to all future subscriptions until further notice.
- I understand the charity will reclaim 28p of tax on every £1 which I pay in subscriptions.
- I confirm that I have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year.
- I will inform Manchester & Lancashire Family History Society if I cease to pay UK income/capital gains tax sufficient to qualify as above.
- I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.
If you pay income tax at the higher rate, you may be able to claim tax relief on the additional tax paid at the higher rate.